Thursday, February 18, 2010

The blind side (Movie Comparison)

Well, I just finished watching the movie. The first thing I want to talk about here is what the movie changed from what has happened or was said in the book. The first thing I noticed about it that was different from the book was that in the movie Micheal Oher, went to a school called "Wingate Christian High School". In the book however, he goes to a school called "Briarcrest Christian High School". Also, Micheal graduated High School with a 2.52 GPA, which was what he got in the movie and in real life. It said in the movie that you needed a GPA of at least 2.5 to play for any college. The movie lied, in real life you would need to get a 2.65 GPA to be able to attend college and play sports for that college. Micheal got from 2.52 GPA in real life from some High School Credits which raised his GPA to a 2.65. I also noticed some other things in the movie. It might seem in the movie that Sean Tuohy is a... I can't really explain it. In the book Micheal Lewis(The author) praise's him about being rich and owning a chain of restaurants, and they explained how he got to that point, being the richest man in Tennessee. In the movie however, they make it seem as it is not important. They mentioned it once that Micheal Oher can get free food from Taco Bell, Long John Silvers and other food chains, because Sean Tuohy owns them, but they didn't really emphasize that long and arduous process of getting there, to be the richest man in Tennessee.
The movie was great, anyhow. I was very pleased with the great acting from all the characters. The one part I loved in this movie was when he was writing that essay about courage and honor. I loved this movie and would give it a 6/5 if I could. I would recommend to watch it sometime if you didn't yet.

1 comment:

  1. thanks, I haven't seen it yet so thanks for the review.

    Interesting that the film took a shortcut with Mr. Tuohy's character, making him seem just "rich" without work.

    Any interesting film techniques?

    ReplyDelete